PDA

View Full Version : cooling issue again...

HatchHero
02-03-2010, 01:51 PM
i posted a thread earlier about this and still need some help.
delsol with h22 ihe etc etc

i got a triple core radiator with and advanced auto zone slimfan and still having cooling issues. i talked to a guy at vs racing and he said that it didnt matter what fan you had with 15xx cfm on it if there is no shroud to direct the air where it needs to go then your always goona have issues. he said get some sheet metal like 16 guage and make my own shroud.

wat do you guys think?

00CelicaGT
02-03-2010, 03:03 PM
thats a start

HatchHero
02-03-2010, 03:04 PM
home depot sells sheet metal?

HatchHero
02-03-2010, 05:08 PM
anyone besides 00?

LilToySupra
02-03-2010, 08:04 PM
i made a fan shroud out of sheet metal for my 98 4runner and it works great!!!!! can send you pictures if you like. i bought mine at home depot in south florida...:2cents:

civicturbo10
02-04-2010, 06:58 AM
I think HD sells sheet metal / aluminum, i buy sticks of aluminum to make custom brackets from them. I wanna say it's next to the rods. Call up so you don't waste a trip...

ok so the H22 is a pretty big motor. Now the reg. Teg runs a full size radiator. However, on my GSR equipped hatch i run a double core OEM like B16 radiator. Looks just like a civic one (1/2 size) but thicker (twice as thick as a stock civic, from the looks of it) which allows me to run OEM a/c still.

There is a reason Honda put a full size radiator for the Teg but i somewhat compromised using the delsol B16. Haven't had any overheating issues yet.

Also are you running?
1. Half size civic radiator that is triple core
2. Autozone branded slim fan

If #1, maybe the triple core is not big enough, for a beastly H22. Or maybe, switch to full aluminum (they may cool more efficiently, not sure)
If #2 is true, maybe the fan is not performing as advertised. Try another brand. From my experience, i get what i pay for most of the time. Start with the least expensive solution and go from there.

HatchHero
02-04-2010, 08:35 AM
I think HD sells sheet metal / aluminum, i buy sticks of aluminum to make custom brackets from them. I wanna say it's next to the rods. Call up so you don't waste a trip...

ok so the H22 is a pretty big motor. Now the reg. Teg runs a full size radiator. However, on my GSR equipped hatch i run a double core OEM like B16 radiator. Looks just like a civic one (1/2 size) but thicker (twice as thick as a stock civic, from the looks of it) which allows me to run OEM a/c still.

There is a reason Honda put a full size radiator for the Teg but i somewhat compromised using the delsol B16. Haven't had any overheating issues yet.

Also are you running?
1. Half size civic radiator that is triple core
2. Autozone branded slim fan

If #1, maybe the triple core is not big enough, for a beastly H22. Or maybe, switch to full aluminum (they may cool more efficiently, not sure)
If #2 is true, maybe the fan is not performing as advertised. Try another brand. From my experience, i get what i pay for most of the time. Start with the least expensive solution and go from there.

thanks man. what about having a puller fan and a pusher fan. do you think that will work? i got two of those slimfans?

civicturbo10
02-04-2010, 09:20 AM
thanks man. what about having a puller fan and a pusher fan. do you think that will work? i got two of those slimfans?

When does it overheat? I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try if you have both already.

HatchHero
02-04-2010, 10:35 AM
When does it overheat? I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try if you have both already.

when it sits in traffic for a awhile. do you know of anyone doing a pusher and puller method?

civicturbo10
02-04-2010, 03:19 PM
sorry don't anyone doing both methods at the same time, if thats what you mean. You can manually force it on all the time until you figure it out. Hondas def don't like to over heat and shut down quickly past the red zone from what i've seen and heard. By then, it's not even worth my time to salvage, it becomes used motor time....

HatchHero
02-04-2010, 03:51 PM
sorry don't anyone doing both methods at the same time, if thats what you mean. You can manually force it on all the time until you figure it out. Hondas def don't like to over heat and shut down quickly past the red zone from what i've seen and heard. By then, it's not even worth my time to salvage, it becomes used motor time....

yeah you right