Thread: 1st K series in the 8s

Default 1st K series in the 8s

Jonathan Reynolds in the Supertech/CM Integra ran 8.91@161 this past weekend.

just thought id share
    sorry if its repost

Apparently, K is da way....
    '82 TE72 SR5 Sport Coupe
    3tc

K's are fun, just way to expensive.

It’s just the good ol’ boy in me
    I got my friends I got the recipe
    For one hell of a life

I got my girl got my family
    Got my booze and that’s all I need
    For a hell of a time

HELLYEAH!

I just got a six speed shift knob to motivate me every time i get in the car.

Taxes will bring K's
    '82 TE72 SR5 Sport Coupe
    3tc

you got the knob??

Ks = ballers
    the rest of us build our Bs to try n keep up lol

Quote Originally Posted by ls-r teg
    damn, i want that penis

Well, its not like B-series haven't been in the 8's before. I personally think the K's are already played out worse than B-series. Its like people think unless you have a K-swapped car then its not "Ballin".
    "Damn, Its Tyler"
    RaceReadyDevelopments

i think the problem has just been the Ks were too expensive to really mess with and they put out A LOT more power than the Bs. More power = more time to figure the chassis out.

B series took almost 10 years to go 9s all motor, K series did it within 2 years (Skunk2) then CM/IPS.

Pretty soon youll see a 8 second NA car as they start approaching the 450whp mark NA.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

^^ Can't really compare it that way though Mike.

SpoCom as a WHOLE took a long time to go single digits N/A. Not to mention the B is still being developed. How long did the SOHC take to go single digits? Leverage that against the people that were really had a proper engine program and you see that the "real" time it took the B to go 9s all-motor had less to do w/ the block/power and more to do w/ weight/ chassis setup. The chassis recipes are public knowledge now for Pro FWD.

The tranny's are just now common knowledge for the last 7 - 8 years or so. Hell the 3rd gear trick on stock boxes (B series) was just now told to me 4 years ago by Joe Demaree. Liberty / Xtrac / PPG were not paying attention to SpoCom when the B was king. EVERY1 ran stock boxes back then - there were no tricks yet. Hell the Pro-Am guys drove their license plate hatches to the strip, clicked off 10.0s and 9.90s and drove them home.

The K is a beast - I will not argue that. But like some1 else said I am sick of it already. For the street there is only so much traction to be had FWD. For the 6 - 9k it takes to get a proper street-fighter K going, I'd build a B that's a K killer and keep the change. For the track the game changes a bit - and even good street/strip Ks are still blowing the fuck up. The oiling issues are not perfect (thanx Honda) among other things.

I will not play w/ a K until it's more efficient for me to play ball, if ever. By the time the K makes sense to me financially I prob will be done w/ Hondas altogether.
    "I'm not a gynecologist... but I'll take a look."

known as Charles

That is pretty inpressive. I think there is still alot to learn on the Kseries setups. But lets not forget that the Bseries ran in the 7's 3 years ago.

"Many men tried, but they all failed. So it took a woman to break the seven-second Honda front-wheel drive record. On Saturday, September 30, 2006, Stephanie Eggum drove her unsponsored 2000 Honda Civic coupe through the traps at 7.957 seconds and 179.52mph during the third round of qualifying at the NHRA Sport Compact Fall Nationals at Raceway Park in Englishtown, New Jersey. Eggum and her team backed up that time with three consecutive 7.9-second runs, including a record-setting 7.908 seconds/184.25mph in the final round. Along with winning a Wally, Eggum now holds the record for the quickest and fastest front-wheel-drive Honda ever. Congratulations, Stephanie."
    Main Stream Performance
    Don't make excuses...Make Power

Digital Box Tuning (Scttydb411)

www.mainstreamperformance.com

MSSracing.com

^^ Helped having Frank on-board huh? LOL

Also wasn't that a NuFormz chassis?

I think it is important to note that this car is in a "street car" class.

Last I heard it was 2650 w/ driver... insane.

The Ks are better no doubt. I remember when 4-5 years ago 300whp street car was unheard of. Now its almost common place with a K24 built motor to hit 280-290whp. IN A STREET CAR LOL

Eriks Racing was the first to have hit 300whp B Series, and people know how crazy that motor was.

The STREET cars are making what the old RACE cars used to make.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

^^ QFT!!!

Eggum got in to the 7.8x range before she retired the car which is still for sale btw. lol

B series will be king for quite a while especially with NRG and T1 race development doing the things they are doing with them and still have shit left on the table in full chassis setups. It took clutch masters, which that integra is also backed by supertech and yoparts also, a whole year+ longer than the B guys that have no real backing just shop money and good craftsmanship. Ill stay b for atleast a few more years, Its not the engines themselves that are expensive to get and build, its all the bullshit parts to make it work that suck, and theres no G-FORCE shifter for a K either lol!

I guarantee this wont be a normal thing for the clutchmasters integra yet....but Miller at NRG makes consistent back to back to back to back 8 second passes now like its normal and what its made to do and the car is so damn simple its retarded.
    www.MSSRACING.com - 99 Civic CX - Best ET: 9.53 / Best MPH: 160 - Competition Clutch - Arias Pistons - Coatings M.D. - Mahle-Clevite - ebtec - AHobbs Racing - JKOBD - TDC Performance
    Daily D: 2007 Dodge 2500 MEGA CAB, Cummins Turbo Diesel

The Eggum chassis is still for sell. The 7.8x engine setup was sold to KRT in Bahrain (KHUNAIZI RACING TEAM... they are on youtube). They managed to run 8.75s w/ an engine that went 7.80s and a chassis (Joe Demarees old car) that has went 8.0s - LOL. They are real pieces of work over there - LOL. And oh yeah, that engine is blown up thanx to them as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymkHDadszKc

same car before KRT repaint : SO... I STOPPED BY SSC....

why the hell would they buy an engine like that from over seas that is used. The engine itself was not rocket science.
    www.MSSRACING.com - 99 Civic CX - Best ET: 9.53 / Best MPH: 160 - Competition Clutch - Arias Pistons - Coatings M.D. - Mahle-Clevite - ebtec - AHobbs Racing - JKOBD - TDC Performance

Over there it is. Demaree was tuning by mail for them for ungodly amounts of money. He said he thought about going over there JUST to tune and he could stay a few years and come back loaded. If you knew what they paid for the car you'd shit yourself. Once we started researching KRT, they have more money than sense. They have bought a whole lot of US Built drag/road course cars and they beat the snot out of them then when they break no1 ever sees the car again. They just buy another one.

They have bought engines from a few other big names too - Whitfield and a few others. They literally want to play ball in a place where there is no support available. They don't ask many questions, they just send checks. LOL

known as Charles

I like the kseries but think it still need development.

I look at the Kseries vs Bseries like when the Mod motors came out for the Mustangs. Everyone said they sucked and stay with the ol trusted pushrod motors. You still have diehard pushrod guys even though the mod motors are coming around.

And by the way. When running 8's in a FWD car it is way more about the chassis setup then what motor is in it. Chris Rado told me that they went from mid 8's to mid 7's with nothing but chassis adjustments.
    Main Stream Performance

MSSracing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Main Stream View Post
    I like the kseries but think it still need development.

I look at the Kseries vs Bseries like when the Mod motors came out for the Mustangs. Everyone said they sucked and stay with the ol trusted pushrod motors. You still have diehard pushrod guys even though the mod motors are coming around.

And by the way. When running 8's in a FWD car it is way more about the chassis setup then what motor is in it. Chris Rado told me that they went from mid 8's to mid 7's with nothing but chassis adjustments.

yes but in rados terms, the Chassis adjustment was switching to a different chassis that costs $100,000 rather than the one he was using.

Charles must be a weirdo (i already know the answer to this) - LOL. Any1 that can have a conversation w/ Rado w/out wanting to throw a brick at his fucking head has to be.

known as Charles

Quote Originally Posted by SPOOLIN View Post
    yes but in rados terms, the Chassis adjustment was switching to a different chassis that costs $100,000 rather than the one he was using.
    But again my point is motor doesn't always matter. Take Rado's chassis and put a RMR built Hyundai motor in it that makes 1200whp and it would run the same numbers. But would everyone then say that Hyundai is the way.

O and Baby J that was a 2hr conv that def changed my life.
    Main Stream Performance

MSSracing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Main Stream View Post
    But again my point is motor doesn't always matter. Take Rado's chassis and put a RMR built Hyundai motor in it that makes 1200whp and it would run the same numbers. But would everyone then say that Hyundai is the way.

O and Baby J that was a 2hr conv that def changed my life.
    a 2hr conv that somehow got crammed into 1.

140 on one wheel

damn there just now making it? LOL!
    I do rb20 and rb25 wiring into s13 and s14's 300.00 shipped 24hr turn around turn ket start guaranteed! PM me for more details!

dc5

k20 ftw

more like k22 haha.

dc5

ok, k series FTW... LOL